We kindly ask you to call or email the department to see what days and times are available.
*****Due to public health concerns about the coronavirus, we will be suspending Rock I.D. for the semester. Thank you for your understanding.*****
***Note: Please keep in mind that Rock I.D. hours change every semester. However, we should have the most updated hours for the current semester posted.***
The place to go first is LFG 104; after that you will be directed to the location where the Rock ID will be examined.
You have three options:
– Rock IDs are visual inspections
– There is a limit of 3 rocks
– The Geoscience Department does not keep any rocks or minerals.
– The Geoscience Department at the University of Nevada Las Vegas does not buy the minerals or rocks.
– The Department of Geoscience does not give monetary value to the rocks and minerals brought in.